Monday, November 14, 2011

Polka Dots

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments on my last post and it seems I'm not the only one that loves this polka dot cabinet...

I'm trying to figure out how to paint the dots in uniform...any ideas, please share!


Here are more great images of polka dots in the home...
Tapered hood traditional kitchen
Angelwylde House traditional bathroom
Kitchen, bath, office contemporary home office
Poppies Candy Land Room modern kids

Growing Up Stylish contemporary kids
All Things Southern traditional bedroom
(above images found on Houzz)

 
These bowls are what I would really love to have...

Vintage Pyrex New Dot Polka Dot Mixing Bowls
Vintage Pyrex


Vintage Fire King



Vintage Hazel Atlas

9 comments:

  1. Polka Dots are so fun! Brings a little whimsy into your life! And we all need a little whimsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a vintage Pyrex collector and am ALWAYS looking for the dots bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just painted some polka dots for my dining room and they were kind of finicky. I used a stencil,but I still had to go around and clean the edges with my black paint. You can see what I am talking about it you go to my blog. You don't have to though.
    Connie thecrafterbug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got some Polka Dot vases on my wall in the dining room...LOVE THE DOTS! Especially the gummy kind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dots, too. That kitchen backsplash is perfect: it combines a traditional color scheme and a whimsical shape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a big fan of polka dots. I used some polka dot material last year as a skirt around our Christmas tree. They just make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To paint polka dots you can use a cork as a stamp. The trick is not to have too much paint on the cork. Too much paint will make it sloppy and slippery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am glad that there are other polka dot fans out there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites